Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 4

Wooooww.... I'm horrible about remembering...

-BACKTRACKING-

Saturday~ Happy 24th of July! It was Pioneer Day here in Utah. I didn't do much... my family had a BBQ with some neighbors, but later that night, my brother and I and some of our friends drove down to the planetarium to see Alternative X [a light show to random alternative songs]. It was soo much fun!! I'd recommend it to anyone... as long as they brought fun friends:) Ha ha.

Sunday~ Got ready for church, then my parents informed me that we were heading up to the Utah/Idaho border for my dad's cousin's son's farewell. Awwwesome. I was in the car for most of the day, but I got to do something afterwards that I had been missing this summer.

You see, a couple months ago, my stake held a Senior Citizen's dinner and the stake activities committee decided that it would be cute to get a bunch of girls, teach them old timer songs, put super cheesy "dance moves" [they totally weren't] to the songs, and then push the girls out on stage to perform for this dinner. Ha ha, it wasn't quite that dramatic, but you get the gist of the idea. So anyways, that was in like May. But on Saturday the director lady for this calls me up and says, If you're still available, we are getting the girls back together to perform again, but at a retirement home. Did I mention she called me at 8 in the morning? Well she did. And I think I said yes just to get her off the phone...

So I arrive at the church at 5 [when I was supposed to be there]. She didn't show up until at least 5:15. We waited around for a while because the doors were locked and she had to run home to grab some keys. But when we finally get inside we have to keep waiting. When we originally performed, there were 14 girls. Director lady said she got a hold of 7 girls.

3 [counting me] showed up.

But it worked out quite nicely because we had all the parts! Mallory was a first soprano, Kaila was a second soprano/first alto and I was a second alto. So we went over our songs and I felt like I was prepping for a Clayton show. We sung Glad You Invited Me Here [which is insanely high for Calli the second alto], Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, and Mr. Sandman. Once we went over some forgotten notes, we were off for the retirement home, all four of us.

First thing that surprised me was the fact that the home smelled like Christmas and not old people!! I'd say only 10 or show people came to see us sing but they were the cutest old people:) I felt a kinship with them just by singing songs from their era:) I was talking to Mallory and we both felt like after we had finished we needed to go talk to them and thank them for coming [thank you Clayton Productions for the habit!]. After this performance, I think this performing season i'm not going to worry about whether or not my solo sounded fantastic or not or if my costume is flattering. I'm going to focus on why I am performing. For the people.

Beautiful faces in a crowd of pain
Eyes full of life shine out beyond life's strain.
Tears filled with hope, 'midst hunger for daily bread
As hearts become one, our souls are fed.

Suddenly the cares of life, with such weight to bear,
Stand without meaning when our lives are shared
A smile, a touch, a song can brighten one's darkest hour
We becomes us through caring's pow'r

Where much is given, so much more there is to give
Expanding the circles of our hearts helps other live
Lord help us be compassion's children, mercy's hand, and love's embrace

Let it be said...
Kindness lives right here.

Kindness lives right here,
Within us lives right here,
Inside our hearts.

Clayton Productions has had such an impact on my life. It has taught me more in the past 4 years than I can even comprehend. Not only that but it has improved my voice and social skills:)

Okay I could talk about Clayton for days. I'll move on to today's activities:)

So my mom woke me up at 10:30 and told me we were going shopping. But not for fun stuff. buuuuttt lunch was involved, so I went:) I came to figure out that it also involved new shoes!!



Aren't they fantabulous?? Ha ha:) They were on
sale too! I am now officially a loafer owner:)

Anyways... It rained quite a bit
today... Hazzah!! I loves the rain so much:) I took the opportunity to snap a few lovely pictures. Here, I'll upload a few.





Well that's really all i've done today... Trek is coming ever close.... I am less than thrilled.























Today I am thankful for: {Summer Rain}




No comments:

Post a Comment