Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 3

I was doing so good!! Ugh... Why'd I have to forget?:(


Well, I'll start with what happened yesterday then.

First off, I got home around 10:30 am from the sleepover the night before [that was fun:D]. Normally, I would just go straight back to bed, but I had to drive myself home this time [that doesn't normally happen] so I was quite awake. So I flipped on the tellie and, what do you know, there was a marathon of House. I've decided that....


I LOVE THIS SHOW!!


I've also decided that I have a thing for medical dramas. Take for example, Grey's Anatomy. Guess who followed this show for every episode for two seasons until her dance changed to Thursdays, which was the day it showed? That's right me. The rest of my family has this weird obsession with police/presidential dramas. Like, 24, Police Women of Maricopa County, West wing, CSI [sometimes]. Oh well. Way to be different, I guess. :)



So I watched a couple episodes of that [then recorded the rest of the marathon], but then called my dear friend Maddie over to hang out. Just after I hung up, I had a spark of genius! Photo shoot with her! I have already given my other dear friend a photo shoot, but that was part of my birthday present to her. That was so much fun! So right then and there, I decided I'm going to try to get photo shoots with all of my friends:)



But you know what really bothers me? When beautiful girls don't feel that they aren't in the slightest bit pretty. That's the experience I had with Maddie. When I was taking the pictures, she seemed like she knew exactly what she was doing and how truly radiant she looked. But as I was going back through all of the pictures, she commented on every single one saying, "Look how fat my legs are." "Look at my gross arms." "Look at my fat neck." All of which, bytheway, were not true!!



Take for example this picture. She looks gorgeous. Do know what she said about this? Look at my fat, fat arms. It's so sad when girls can't accept how truly beautiful they are.



"Our deepest fear is that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking that so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God which is in us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."



That is my absolutely favorite quote.



I just don't understand why everyone can't understand this. Sure, we all go through moments of doubt, but that is why God placed friends and family around us. To lift us when we're not strong. I feel that once a woman feels truly confident in herself, that is when she performs to her best ability.





FRIDAY



I got to cross two more things off my summer list today!! I made delicious root beer popsicles, and then made a fort out of blankets in my basement. Walking down memory lane with childhood friends is so much fun:)



Actually, what I did before that was see Despicable Me with my friends Camille, Abi, Kelli, and her little sister Lisa. It was soooo cute!! I'd recommend it to any family for FHE. ;) Ha ha.



Oh, did I mention I'm teaching myself to play the guitar? Ha ha yeah I started that yesterday. And can I say OW?? I have soft piano-playing hands. They are now bruised, but still soft. Anyways, I now have Ode to Joy and the simple version of Smoke on the Water memorized, and I figured out how to pluck out Iron Man. I feel very accomplished. :)





All in all, this past week has given me lots of time to think. This summer alone has allowed me to grow so much mentally... It has made me worry for the future as well.




It honestly boggles my mind to think that my older brother will be leaving this decemeber and won't come back for another two years. It also blows my mind that I will be graduating school in a two short years.



I guess to sum it up, I've started to make every moment last a little bit longer, make every hug a little bit tighter, and make every laugh a little bit longer.


Okay, enough of the deep thoughts... Ha ha:)







Today I'm thankful for: {the little moments that seem to last forever}

No comments:

Post a Comment