Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 1

Yay morning-time posts:)

So every time I look at my dear friend Megan's blog, she always inspires me to start blogging. At first I created a picture blog. But that didn't turn out so well when it took so long to upload pictures that by the time it was done, my clothes had gone out of style. Thus enters this blog:) I'm trying to make it my new project and make a post everyday of the year. But Calli, won't you be away at camp and other activities where you will not be able to access a computer? Why yes, my smart friend! So I made a guideline for myself that I need to get 365 [meaningful] posts in before July 21, 2011. Woah that felt weird typing...

MOVING ON!

So today I had an awesome first. I mowed the lawn!! [Crazy, I know!] Here's the story, I live in a family of all boys. Calli=the only girl. So guess who had to edge and not mow the lawn that's right Calli. But My older brother works constantly now, and my little brother just left for the National Scouting Jamboree yesterday morning. Enter Calli's mom offering 20 bucks to mow! I had quite the time:) And now I have a battle...blister...! (not quite as epic as a scar, but epic nonetheless)

And that was only this morning....

Later tonight, My good friend across the street invited me and some other girls over to watch Nacho Libre. We had pizza and a lot of laughs:) Watching the ending made me very reminiscent though... You see, I umm..... kinda had my first kiss during the end of that movie... Lame sauce kiss, I know, I know. But he's still a super awesome guy. He's away at some camp thing this week so he hasn't been able to text me at all. But today he replied and got my heart beating again:) You know, I've been his girlfriend for almost two months now, but every time he says I love you or calls me beautiful, my heart flutters. Is that normal? Ha ha it's just teen love, I suppose:)>

So after Nacho, we got sidewalk chalk out of my car and headed to our camp directors house (she lives down the street). It was her first year as a director and she did an awesome job as such:) We wrote all over her driveway in thoughts of THANKS FOR CAMP and WE LOVE YOUs. But just as we finished it started to trickle rain... so we rang her doorbell and ran to hide behind the nearest car so that she could see our masterpiece before the rain washed it away. We she came out she smiled and our job was accomplished. Shenanigans later this night were filled with "The Peanut Butter and Jelly Song" (**sings** Cuz I'm peanut butter and YOU are jelly and we're so happy on our little piece of bread!) chalking different leaders houses, getting caught, dancing in the rain, laughs, and smiles.

This is what summer is about. I just gotta make every moment count.


Today I'm grateful for: {Signs of affection}

No comments:

Post a Comment